Our one night course is designed around our 1 day survival fundamentals course which covers fire, water and shelter. As well as this it will also cover natural navigation, cutting tool safety and techniques, knife law and knife sharpening, the preparation and cooking of wild game, and it will also give you time to finish your natural shelters to a point where you can stay in them overnight.
The course works by setting a number of goals and skills to be mastered. The instructors will give clear demonstrations of each skill after each demonstration it is up to the group to practise and perfect the technique.
As always, our courses are designed to be fun, instructive and safe. All techniques will be demonstrated with safety in mind. These courses are not designed to test the physical resilience of the participants, but to increase their knowledge and experience. We tailor the courses to suit participants’ abilities and the weather.
The course will start at 1000 on the start date and will finish at 1000 the following day, lunch and dinner will be provided on the Saturday and breakfast on the Sunday.
• 1000: Meet and greet - introduction to camp and principles of Bushcraft and Survival
• 1030: Cutting tool safety and Cutting Techniques
• 1200: Game prep - pigeon, to be stir fried for lunch
• 1330: Fire lighting session - both primitive and modern techniques, tinders and kindling
• 1530: Game preparation of Rabbit (to be stewed for dinner)
• 1630: Shelter building - Construct your shelters for the night
• 1900: Knife law and knife sharpening
• 2000: Dinner and finish for the day - a chance to relax around the fire and share stories after a busy day.
• 0730: Breakfast - Prepare damper bread and cook with bacon and eggs
• 0830 : Water sourcing and purification
• 0930 : Natural Navigation
• 1000: All good things must come to an end and at the conclusion of the course you will be escorted back to the vehicles and given a closing brief before heading off
Cost: £125 per adult, £60 per child
Venue: Tickenham, Bristol
Minimum age: 8 years old
Dates: 2020 dates tbc
We can also provide one night courses for private groups, please email or call to discuss your requirements.
f you wish to book with us please click on the link below to add the course to your shopping cart. Upon booking you will receive a confirmation email with the directions, kit list and consent form. Please contact us if you have any queries.
Matt was an excellent instructor who led the group well throughout the day with consideration to the pace of the learning and what we actually did. He is a very personable sort of guy who quickly established a warm rapport with us and without doubt was extremely knowledgable about his subject which he taught with confidence and passion. He even had to contend with a biblical style downpour right in the middle of the day! He took it all in his stride and continued to motivate and interest us with a wide scope of topics that I had given him for the group to get stuck into. I will definitely recommend him to others and will try and organise another day with him later in the year.